Protecting your private information is important to us.
By using our website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services, The Hotel may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- first and last name;
- email address; and/or
- phone number.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. You may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services available on our website. These may include:
- registering for an account on our website;
- entering a sweepstakes or contest sponsored by us or one of our partners;
- signing up for special offers from selected third parties;
- sending us an email message;
- submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products.
We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
The Hotel collects and uses your personal information to operate our website and deliver the services you have requested.
The Hotel may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from us and/or our affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer list(s) to third parties.
The Hotel may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of closely-related business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique, personally-identifiable information is transferred to the third party. These partners may include, but are not limited to:
- Captain Jack's Airboat Tours;
- Wooten's Everglades Airboat Tours;
- Ivey House Everglades Adventures Hotel;
- Everglades Adventures Kayak & Eco Tours;
- Everglades City Motel - Everglades Adventures Inn;
- The Boca Grande Resort; and/or
- The Palmetto Inn.
The Hotel may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to The Hotel, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Hotel may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Hotel;
- protect and defend the rights or property of The Hotel; and/or
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Hotel, or the public.
In connection with any personal information we may disclose to a third party for a business purpose, you have the right to know the categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose.
Opt Out of Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
You have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and certain other privacy and data protection laws, as applicable, to opt out of the disclosure of your personal information. If you exercise your right to opt out of the disclosure of your personal information, we will refrain from disclosing your personal information, unless you subsequently provide express authorization for the disclosure of your personal information.
To opt out of the disclosure of your personal information, please contact us.
Tracking User Behavior
The Hotel may keep track of the pages our users visit on EvergladesHotelSuites.com and on partner websites, in order to determine which of The Hotel services are the most popular and which of our marketing efforts are most effective. This data may be used to deliver customized content and advertising within The Hotel to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Pages on our website may include embedded content, including but not limited to videos, images, articles, etc. Embedded content from other websites behaves in exactly same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by The Hotel. This information can include your:
- IP address;
- operating system;
- requested pages;
- access times; and/or
- referring website addresses.
This information is used for the operation and maintenance of the EvergladesHotelSuites.com website.
Our website contains links to third-party websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our website and to read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
The Hotel secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.The Hotel uses the following methods for this purpose:
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol
When you submit your personal information to us, and when we access it, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as that provided by the TLS protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any electronic network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. You acknowledge that:
- there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and
- the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through our website cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- delete your personal information from our records; and
- direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
The Hotel does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use our website.
Opt Out and Unsubscribe from Third Party Communications
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt out of receiving any or all communications from third-party partners of The Hotel by contacting us.
From time to time, The Hotel may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from The Hotel or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from The Hotel, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the message.
Opting out of promotional emails will not prevent you from receiving transactional emails from us, including but not limited to updates on the status of an order.
External Data Storage
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement